Everlasting your light will shine when all else fades, Never ending Your glory goes beyond all fame. . . I am haunted today as I was yesterday by this refrain from the inside out worship song by Hillsong United. The light when all else fades, the light given to Frodo by Galadriel for him to carry into Mordor. The epic picture of glorious light illuminating a darkness so deep and thick that nothing can penetrate its black, foreboding, stillness, and endless despair. The Light of truth, of myth become fact, the Light of the world--Jesus, our hope when all else fades.
My first blog post has to start somewhere. Might as well be here.
favorite quote
The great thing is to be found at one's post as a child of God, living each day as though it were our last, but planning as though our world might last a hundred years. C.S. Lewis God in the Dock, "Cross Examination."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
J,
Keep posting.
I'm not really into blogging,
and there's something that seems very self-focused about it, BUT,
I think you'd actually have some
interesting things to say.
I just usually make stupid comments on smart people's blogs that I know.
So, you can be another..
hee hee.
Post a Comment